Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Unplanned Christmas Traditions

-          For some reason there is a whole side to Christmas not advertised by Hollywood. Our holiday season comes and goes, and looking back over the last few Christmas’s I’ve noticed traditions that I never planned, but that are consistent through the years. I’ve found such a pattern that it’s led me to the top 10 Unplanned Christmas Traditions. 


1. Getting sick. I don’t know how, but it always happens every year, but you never plan on getting sick.


2. Traveling in bad weather. Surprise! Now you have to spend 2 hours digging someone out of the snow. Merry Christmas.


3. A Christmas afternoon surprise nap, because for some reason I never think about how waking up at 6 AM after going to bed at 1 AM will affect me.


4. Shopping. Apparently everyone in America decides to go to the same mall as me at the exact same time.  


5. Somehow I end up making a phone call to a customer service agent every year and my entire Christmas spirit is at their finger tips. 


6. Shipping time on gifts, no matter how many times it happens I always order at the last second and hope and pray they’ll get here on time.
7. Along with shopping, a tradition that I would rather not plan for it spending way more than I thought I would. Set a budget? Ain’t no body got time fo that.

8. Wrapping Presents ALWAYS takes longer than I thought…and it is not fun. I don’t plan on it, but somebody has to do it.

9. Making way more food than is necessary. This is a happy unplanned tradition. There is always a lot of food around the house.



10. Buying a gift for the “let’s not give presents this year people” because they ALWAYS end up giving gifts, and you don’t want to be the person who fell for that trick again. 

BONUS!!!

Returning gifts. It's America, go get what you really want. 



Merry Christmas everybody! May the odd's be ever in your favor. 




1 comment:

  1. Goo, that was great. I enjoyed your blog. The pictures are priceless and good for a silly chuckle. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete