Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reasons Why I Don't Quit My Job and Become a World Traveler

I often get carried away in thoughts about how simple life would be if I packed up, quit my job, and became a world traveler. I could be a scuba instructor off the shores of mexico or explore the amazon in Brazil. I wouldn't have to worry about being social or stressing about being on time to anything. Life would be simple.

It's at times like these, that I need to remind myself why becoming a world traveler is not in my best interest. 

1. I want a family. There is one vision better then me sitting on the beach every day. It includes four kids who call me mom and gather around the table for a warm home cooked meal. The comfort and unity that comes from home are irreplaceable. 

2. I need to build my future. I, like many of you, have read quote after quote about how we should use our money to experience life. I agree to a certain extent. If I want to live in a comfortable house, I have to save a portion of my income. On the other hand, if I were to become a world traveler, it would take me twice as long to save that money. 

3. I want to stay close to my relatives. I'm a homebody. After six months in Mexico, I would want to come back to Grantsville. I would want to snuggle my cute nephew and wrap my arms around my Dad. In the end, life wouldn't be worth it without having people around me that I love. 

That's it. I only have THREE reasons why I don't become a world traveler. Not very many. Maybe this means I will do it...some day.

Love,
The Littlefields

No comments:

Post a Comment