Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Friday, August 26, 2011

He's Not the Leaving Kind

Welp my bestest friend in the whole world left for Africa no big deal :) I got to the airport almost an hour before the Littlefields which wasn't a big deal I was able to see a lot of the guys Dallin would be serving with! They all looked really sincere and nice, just like Dallin. We got all of his stuff checked in and then took some pictures. We went upstairs to security and said our good-bye's. No one was crying until his dad saw him hug his mom for the last time and he lost it. Then his mom saw his dad crying and she lost it. Dallin got his crying face on but held tough. I could tell he wanted to cry though. It was interesting to see how he handle all of it. I am so glad I was able to go to the airport with them! He definitely isn't the leaving kind. It was hard for him, but I couldn't help but be so excited for him. What an adventure! I cried before and after but I wanted to leave him smiling, and despite my stubborn effort to not break the missionary rule, we gave a last hug, thank heavens. I hope I never forget what Dallin hugs are like :) basically there the best! So we waited till he got all the way through security and I went home. Yesterday felt like the longest day of my life. Everything I saw reminded me of Dallin but it was also interesting because there was a new spirit with me. One of comfort and strength. The Lord is helping me no doubt. After work and everything was over I went to the temple with my old roommates Vanessa and Paige. That was also a big blessing. I felt the spirit strongly that the Lord is taking care of him. I feel so blessed. I kind of see it all like when an old person get's so old they can't live anymore. When they pass you can't help but feel happy because you know it's there time. I know it was Dallin's time to go. We both have been waiting for this ever since we started dating and if feels good to be on the count down now, even if it is 24 months.
And an update! Dallin called his mom today around 12 to let them know he got there safe! He has an African companion and everyone in his room is African. He sounded tired and said everything is really different there. It will be really hard for him, but Dallin is pretty tough. He can do it and what doesn't kill him will only make him stronger. He is going to grow so much and I can't wait to get my first letter from him! I think I will send one to him first though, he probably doesn't have my address. I don't know when I will send it. I want to bide my time so I don't get too attached to writing letters. I want to live my life still.
I have noticed a weight sort of lifted off my shoulders. I feel like I have been waiting for this for a long time and in a way it has held me back in progressing. I look forward to this school year and working hard on myself and serving others. Every time I do something good I feel more power being recovered to me. When I read my scriptures and go to the temple I feel stronger and closer to Dallin. It is a really nice way to feel like I am doing my part with him being gone. Welp I think that's enough ha

No comments:

Post a Comment