Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Living Laughing and Loving Like Littlefield's

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What I Will Give to Be Someone's Mommy

My first stretch mark was when I was a lot younger and came from growing (I assume). By now, those marks have faded and you can barely see them. UNTIL TODAY! In that same area (my sides) my dear skin has started to stretch again. They are still faint marks, but you can see the strain on my skin from my recent "baby bump" growing. Not too bad so far, but I still have three months of growing and I can only imagine how much they will grow by the time the baby comes.

I can already hear my Mom joining the millions of other mothers saying "The babies are worth it!" and I know they are. I know that I will never regret these nine months of changes to bring my new best friend into the world. And I will still love myself and my body even with the new tiger stripes that I will develop. HOWEVER, stretch marks still suck!

I have been using Palmers Stretch Mark Cream for the past two months after I get out of the shower. It worked for my cousin, but apparently no body is the same. Despite my efforts, those pesky marks are still forming.

So, even though I have beat the nausea, fatigue, and food aversions it turns out my pregnancy still has some curve balls left for me.

I can't help but think these small lines represent more than just my changing outward appearance. They represent all of the changes and sacrifices that are bound to come as I enter motherhood. I know, I still have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't know how many hours I will lose calming a crying child or what it feels like to go days without sleep. I don't know what it's like to see your child come home frustrated with bully problems and feel so helpless.

But I can't help but get excited! To know that God has allowed a young girl like me the responsibility to nurture one of His most precious spirits is an honor. And I am willing to give my body, my time, and my entire heart to her. I know all the sacrifices are worth it!

Love,
The Littlefields

No comments:

Post a Comment